Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday 01.20.2009

A short sleep, up and ready for work. A good drive to Jackson with a bright, clear crescent moon, 3rd quarter.

The shuttle pulled in as I finished parking and took us over to the hospital.

The morning started out ok, got busy late morning/early afternoon, and I was finally able to have lunch at 1:45. One of my co-workers came in to work so that I could attend a meeting. I was glad for that, as I was "burning out" from trying to get everything done and trying to keep everyone happy. I gave her a quick report and went to the meeting.

The meeting was a welcome reprieve from the unit's activity. Our discussions were lively and somewhat productive. After 3 hours, I had to go back to the floor.

I caught up with my team-mate and took over from her. Thank you, PV, for coming in for me. I finished up the shift, started the car, changed my shoes, caught the shuttle again !! and headed home. When I pulled into the garage, the dashboard thermometer showed the temperature as 1 degree.

Daniel was happy to see me. He's doing pretty good, overall. His blood sugar is still somewhat elevated and he's scratching as I write. I think he's just resigned to the skin stuff.

This morning I was doing morning stuff and I had a sharp pain in my breast. A really sharp pain that made my eyes leak. I tried to describe it--like a sharp burning pain in the woundbed. And it lasted for several minutes. It was very weird, and the oddest thing, I think, is how long it lasted. Tonight it's just sore. (just?)

Tomorrow is a quiet day, with a massage in the late afternoon. I'm ready for it.

So, that's my day. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment