Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday 2.24.2008

.



Day 19, Treatment #2
.
Ok, Readers, you asked for it. Updated photos. As you can see, the bandana look is really the most comfortable right now. My scalp still itches quite a bit, and the cotton is comfy. I have several scarves that I really like, but I'm not well versed on the scarf-tying. They look and feel ok for a few hours, then I think the knot loosens or something, and I end up having to re-tie it. And it takes me about 10 minutes to get it halfway decent. Anyway, here are the pics of my not-much-hair. And I'm not real comfortable with these pics.
.
.
As for the rest of my side effects, let's see... tingling. I have a faint tingle in my fingertips, down to about the first knuckle. It feels like when your hand is trying to "go to sleep". It's not real strong, just enough that I find that I rub my fingers sometimes. Nausea-not much. Intermittent, short lived, maybe 20 minutes to an hour. Sometimes I choose to wait to eat, or stop eating, or eat more slowly. Hair loss- yup, though not 100%, yet, and that goes for any body hair. Fingernails/nailbeds-nails don't look like they are growing, and my nailbeds look good, maybe a smidgen darker, but nothing obviously noticeable. Hot Flashes-mostly "warm ups". I don't break out in a full all out sweat, drenching wet, but I do have several episodes of very warm flushes throughout the day and night, and my head/scalp gets prickly and moist. Which leads into periods. Yes, still having them. Fatigue-yup. On my days off I try to close my eyes for about 20 minutes in the afternoon. It's a different kind of tired--like, from the inside out. Heaviness in my upper legs. Skin-I had a rash on my left hand after the first treatment, but I've been taking the Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and Vitamin E 400 IU as Dr had recommended, and have had just a bit of itching there, as well as lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium, the enzymes in yogurt, for the intestinal mucosa, to help prevent mouth sores and anything else along the intestinal tract. Activity--I'm trying. I take the stairs down while at work, and even though I've only been outside once this treatment session, I got out. So far, the only days I've missed at work are the 2 days after each of the treatments.
.
I had a pretty good day, overall. I finally got outside, as it was another sunny day, with temps in the low 30's. I chose to just walk, and I walked around the complex here. I was out for about 55 minutes. At first, the tops of my legs and hips hurt, but that went away. I didn't really push myself too hard. I think it was good that I went out. The rest of the afternoon was uneventful. A couple of phone calls, a trip to Jackson and back, and writing here.
.
Mom still has the cough, though it did seem a little less often. Her nasal drainage seemed a little less also. Got her fed, wahed up, and tucked in.
.
Monday and Tuesday are work days, then Wednesday is Treatment #3 at 0930. We'll meet with Dr. Bolmer first, then start the infusions if all is well... Thursday will be Part 2.
.
Thank you for reading. I hope the pics didn't scare you too much..
.
P.S. I was looking at the options for comments. Maybe if you clicked on "name", and it gives you the option of Name or URL, you could put your nickname in there...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sis, Thx for the pic update, you look great!! No worries mate u b fine. Keep that bright smile and strong winning attitude becauce you are a winner(*_*)
    Love and Light,
    -B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sunshine !!
    Did you notice the camera crew on the TV in the first pic with the entertainment center behind you? LOL. They were filming you, too !!
    Hair or no hair, you are still a "Cool Human Bean" (being)just in case some folks thought I forgot my English.
    Have a great day and rest easy,,let God carry you through those work days and always.
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you don't seem comfortable with the pictures but let me tell you you make going bald look GOOD! You are so darn cute as it is I'm not sure anyone would notice your hair being gone considering your beautiful personality shines like a bekon in the dark! I'm not being nice or sweet just stating the facts! You are doing wonderful and I'm sending warm hugs and love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aunt Kathy! You look great in the new pics. I really like the scarf too, very nice colors! I hope you're having an ok workday. I'm so pleased for you that you've only missed two days so far. I know it means a lot to you to be able to go and take care of those mommies and babies, and you're EXCELLENT at it. I know this from personal experience!! Love, energy, wellness and HUGS!!! Love ya, Cari

    ReplyDelete