Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday 2.15.2008

Day 10, Treatment #2

Another work day. I started out feeling like normal tired, with not an excessive amount of energy, but like I'm ok, I'll get through this day, and tomorrow I'll be able to rest.

I do ok, mostly. Around 10 ish, I think, I start feeling not so good. I couldn't pinpoint what was wrong, just that I wasn't feeling well. After a few more minutes, I was standing in the hallway getting ready to go into a patient room, and I heard a whoosh like noise in my ears. I thought Hm, I don't feel funny, but I think I'm going to go into this empty room and take my blood pressure.

I did, and a co-worker was in the room stocking linens. She offered to wrap the blood pressure cuff on my arm, and the results were 83/56. Hm, a little low. I don't feel funny, like nothing indicates that anything is out of sorts, but Hm.

I got a 20 ounce water, and drank what I could right then, and tried to keep it with me so I could continue drinking. I didn't feel nauseated, but didn't feel right, either. I was able to have my lunch about noon, and I tried to "take stock" and see if I was going to stay or have someone come in for me. I was functioning, and feeling like I was ok; but I was frequently checking in on myself to see if that was still the case.

Time went on, pretty soon it was about 2 pm. I have another 16 ounces of water in, and felt like I was "not drunk" or "not extremely fatigued", but that funny sensory weirdness I had before. And my legs felt real heavy, not like muscle pain, but maybe bone pain? I needed to have labwork drawn, and I took the opportunity to go to the lab and have it done. All was well with the draw, one poke and done.

Back on the floor, I do what I need to, and wonder about calling in someone to replace me. I'm still feeling ok, so I think I will continue to evaluate. One of the hardest things to do, for me, is to recognise that I need help, then asking for it. But I will. I will recognise my limits to the best of my ability.

And then, about 5:00, it was like, oh, I'm feeling better. Like, all at once. I don't know what it was, but it was gone. Allrighty, then. I finished out the shift and went over to the nursing home.

Mom was ok, still with a loose cough, but I got her cleaned up and tucked into bed. I came home, wrote here, and am going to bed. Tomorrow I plan a slower day, not much to do but rest.

By the way, I didn't wear anything on my head again today, just the very thin hair. It's a little awkward, but my scalp itches so intensely much I don't want to aggravate it.

Thank you for reading. I have seen several of you these last couple of days. I appreciate the wonderful hugs, and knowing that you're out there reading is absolutely wonderful. And I love the comments, too. Your support is helping me get through this.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    Just got out of work from my other job and just got caught up on your posts.

    Love the flowers.

    I am glad to read that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work and remember always thinking of you and praying nothing but good things for you.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Kathy,
    Happy belated Valentines Day! What beautiful flowers Dan sent you. How sweet. Mom told me about Floyd and I was very sad to hear about that. I remember hanging out with Steve and Chris up north at the cottage. Floyd and Bonnie were always very nice to me. I remember that Floyd had stuck a quarter on the floor in his cottage and one day I tried to pick it up. He got a great big laugh out of that. Funny guy. I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to go to the funeral home.
    I'm sorry to hear that your scalp is bothering you so much. This too shall pass. How is your blood pressure doing? Did it come up some? I do hope you are feeling better today. Get plenty of rest this weekend and please give Aunt Elaine another big hug and kiss for me. I miss you both dearly. I'm going to go visit with my Mom and Sue today. We're taking her out to lunch for Valentine's Day. That should be fun and I'm looking forward to the visit. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love and hugs to you and Dan.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Valentine!! Hope u get a chance to feel the sun today. Soft sandy beaches, warm breezes, rolling tide, pink fuzzy slippers,a good book, comfort food,heartfelt prayers, dear friends,good husbands,hot tub soak and a glass of wine. Have a restful weekend.
    Miss B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kathy!

    Just able to catch up on your blogs. I had hoped to get to the funeral home for Lloyd, but I had a bone scan scheduled for that day, and it had started snowing LOTS while it was being done, so went on home.

    Did you ever determine what made you feel so "funny"? So happy the nausea is better, and that your wonderful husband sent you those beautiful roses. How sweet!

    I'm not coming down to Jackson on Tuesday. Just don't think I should risk it with flu bugs going around, even if there is Tamiflu. Did not know they used that as a "preventative".

    May God continue to bless and strengthen you, as I know He will!

    Love 'n hugs,

    Aunt Lois

    ReplyDelete