Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday 1.6.2009 Finally

I spoke with Daniel a couple of times today as he was waiting for someone to come in and discharge him. He had a "tolerable" night, but said he didn't sleep much. I had a few text messages throughout the day and finally one that said "home now", about 6-ish. His friend Lee picked him up as I was at work.

And was it busy. Whew! I was glad to be done.

I stopped at the pharmacy on the way home to pick up Dan's medications but they weren't ready yet, so I waited while they were finished up. That done, I got home.

Dan was happy to see me, and I him, and happy to be home.

He looks quite drawn, as he's lost a lot of weight. His voice was raspy and sparse. He was very fatigued. He went off to bed about 10.

I wrote here.

Tomorrow is another 6 month appointment with Dr. Bolmer. I'm pretty sure it's just a routine follow up visit.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness Dan really knows how to ring in the new year. I hope he gets feeling better. All good vibes to the two of you. I am sure you will have a good appointment and Dan will be feeling good real soon.

    Big hugs and kisses to the two of you.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis,
    So glad to hear Dan is finally home where he belongs and he can at least get uninterupted rest. Dan sure has had a lot on his plate the last two weeks but now it is over. Time to eat healthy, put on a few pounds, and look forward to warmer days on the golf course for "glfrdan". Hope your appointment goes well today Kathy with no surprises, then enjoy your day with your "man".
    Talk to you later,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis,
    So glad to hear Dan is finally home where he belongs and he can at least get uninterupted rest. Dan sure has had a lot on his plate the last two weeks but now it is over. Time to eat healthy, put on a few pounds, and look forward to warmer days on the golf course for "glfrdan". Hope your appointment goes well today Kathy with no surprises, then enjoy your day with your "man".
    Talk to you later,
    Tom and Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double the love!
    Tom and Kathy Sue
    (sent the last one twice!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW ! I am just reading all of this, been out of town. My prayers are with you both, hope Dan has a speedy recovery. Hugs to you both !

    Miss B

    ReplyDelete