Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday 01.22.2009

Another night of intermittent wakefulness. I got up, showered, had breakfast, got ready for the day. Daniel had an appointment with Dr. Al-Sheikh to follow-up with his blood sugars.

That appointment went well, with Doctor increasing the insulin dosages starting Saturday. Dan's weight, blood pressure, and pulse were all good. So, return visit February 2.

After that we went next door to Meijer and picked up a few items before heading home.

We fixed our lunches and ate, and settled in.

I've been looking for a 2005 Chevy/GMC van, found one via Yahoo Autos, and have looked at other vehicles and options, etc, for a week or so. Today I called the dealer outside of Chicago to negotiate a price. Although they wouldn't come down on price as much as I would have liked, they did offer what they could. I told the nice lady that I would let her know tomorrow. Dan and I made a list of questions that we hadn't thought of prior (like, has it had an oil change, safety inspection, warranty, etc?), and I'll call Michigan Secretary of State to verify how to make the transaction. A few other housekeeping details, and I'll be ready to call the salesperson back.

That done, I caught up on email. And in my inbox was an invitation to view this post, reprinted with permission:



My Aunt

A little over a year ago my Aunt was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It was very difficult for me to think about. She faced it head on, with courage and strength. A few family members decided to cut their hair short or shave their heads. I chose to "pay it forward". In support of my Aunt's struggle I decided to grow it out long enough to donate it to "Locks of Love". Well, today, I decided it was long enough and donated the full 10 inches in respect to my Aunt. So, I did it for her. She is amazing!! I'm very proud to know her and love her and lucky to be related to her.. xoxoxo *Cheers*


Oh My Gosh!!!! This is my beautiful niece, Amber.



I just had to call her! I am humbled and honored that, by my journey, someone else has taken an action to make a positive difference. Amber, with love and sincerety, Thank You. The child who receives the hairpiece made of your hair will no doubt be energized with your strength and positive outlook.


p.s. To my great-niece Chelsea, who has also donated to Locks of Love--Your beautiful hair has done the same.


I'm proud to say that we are Strong Women.


And to all of you Readers out there,


Thank you for reading, for sharing, and continuing to share, this journey. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We're very proud of you, Amber. Your hair is just beautiful, thick and shiny. We both think you look great in the new "do"! Our love to you and your family.

    We are glad to hear Dan is feeling somewhat better. Hopefully the itchy stuff will stay away now.

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete