Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday 1.23.2009

I felt like I had really slept a long time. I'd wake up, and it was only a short while later. I did that quite a few times during the night. When the radio came on at 0425 signaling that it was time to get up, of course I was sound asleep. I pulled my brain from the depths and moved my body to get out of bed. My brain will catch up later.

An uneventful drive to Jackson, thank you God. We had a good group of patients and staff. I think we all had a pleasant day. Even though it was busy.

I was waiting for my "love message" (my text message from Daniel). I had thought about it several times during the morning before realizing that I didn't have my phone. Oh, that's why I haven't heard from him. After thinking about it, I realized that I had left it on my bedside table.

I called Daniel from another phone, mainly to ask him how he was doing today. He must have been going stir-crazy, because he offered to bring my phone to me. Ok, thanks.

That was a nice visit to break up my day.

I got through the afternoon, fighting fatigue, and was finally able to clock out.

An uneventful drive home, thanks again. I did see a dead deer on the shoulder of the road. That's the first one I've seen in several days--maybe a week or so?--since the cold spell and snow.

I was happy to be home. I changed into my ' jammas, put my work stuff away, and wrote here.

Daniel is looking somewhat better and itching less frequently. The blood sugars are still elevated, but doctor said it might take several weeks for his body to settle back down.

Tomorrow I hope I'm sleeping in. No other plans at this point.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We enjoyed lunch with you and Daniel. Enjoy your time off.

    Love,
    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete