Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday 05.23.2009

I slept hard, when I slept, but when I woke about 8 I didn't feel rested. I listened to the radio a bit, then Dan came in and we chatted a bit. He got ready to leave to golf. I ended up dozing just a bit longer.

When I did get up I felt kind of punky. It took a few hours until I realized that it was sinus pressure/discomfort. I took a claritin, tylenol and motrin. Daniel called to say he was on the way home--I was surprised that he was done already--and I got in the shower.

I was dressed and thinking about a bite to eat when the phone rang again. It was Polly, wondering if we were home. She and Jim were nearby. Sure, come on over....

Dan came in just a few minutes before they arrived. We had a nice visit, then they drove us over to Charlotte to pick up the Pontiac.

Wow. What a pretty car.

It had been cleaned, and looked better. Not cleaned well, but cleaned. Better than it was.

We got in, adjusted our seats, and put the top down. Wow. Even though it wasn't wonderfully clean, it's nice. Comfortable.

We drove down to the Big Boy in Charlotte and enjoyed food and conversation there.

When we were leaving, Polly sat in the G6 to see how it fit her. It did.

We went our separate ways--thank you, Polly and Jim for a nice afternoon--and Dan drove us home. Nice ride--smooth, stable, and surprisingly quiet even with the top down on the expressway. We'll have to look in the manual to see how all the doo dads function.

At home, we climbed in and out of it, checked out the back seat, trunk, looked it over. Wow. What a pretty car.
Dan has been reading the manual, finding tidbits.

No plans for tomorrow that I'm aware of. I'm still feeling kind of tired. Maybe I'll be able to catch up tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment