Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday 04.14.2010

Wow, what a beautiful day today. Though I didn't sleep well, I got up about 9 and had a good day.

It was about 40 degrees this morning, and windy. When the sun got high enough and had been up for a time, the air warmed. The highest temp I saw was 56. With the breeze it was cool enough to zip up the sweatshirt. When the wind quieted, and in the sun, it was warm enough to take the jacket off.

I raked outdoors again. And when I was out there, Evelyn said they had burned a bunch of the loose leaves that I had raked a couple of weeks ago. Woo Hoo! Thanks! Bob was out working on getting the dock in, and throughout the afternoon, as I was raking around the house, I would go out and check on him to see if he was ready for help. A couple times he was, and we ended up getting in 2 sections of his and Evelyn's dock. There are a couple more docks in, too, that I can see from here.

I really didn't want to go inside, but I had been out all afternoon and needed something to eat. I fixed my supper and ate it, then tried to sit on the back porch where it was sheltered some from the wind, but it was too cool for my comfort. While I was out there, though, I thought I saw the eagle, and then another one. Wow, a pair. I also saw and heard today the loons, mallards, canada geese, and saw buffleheads, as well as red-wing blackbirds, robins, bluejays, woodpeckers, and others. They were quite noisy today.

The wind might be quieting this evening yet. I'm going to find something to do.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment