Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday 04.06.2010 Spring Storms

I was so restless last night that Dan commented on it this morning. He usually doesn't say much, and I do feel bad that his rest gets disturbed. I was almost glad to hear the radio come on to get up for work...

A good drive down, thank you God. (Though Daniel texted me later that he had a tire puncture on his way in, and had to change it to the spare, and was able to get it repaired later on in the morning) We walked over to the hospital.

It started out a good day, but busy. It ended with another patient "taking a turn" and ending up being transferred to the stepdown unit. And in the middle we had a "severe thunderstorm watch" which turned into a "severe thunderstorm warning" (which means we have to close all the window treatments and move the babies away from the windows), which turned into a "tornado warning". Which meant that all patients had to come out of their rooms into the hallway close to the center "core", and no visitors or staff could leave. That disruption lasted for almost an hour, and overall, the patients and visitors did well with it.

After leaving there, I went to JoAnn's Fabrics to see if they had velcro or hook and loop tape in larger quantities, as I need 18 feet for a project up north. It is sold there by the foot, but was quite expensive. After talking with one of the employees, she suggested double stick tape, and as I was looking at that, I saw fabric glue. Ah Ha!! That would work! And after pleading with the younger woman at the cash register, she gave me the 50% discount for the coupon I didn't have. I told her she made my day! (and of course, thanked her)

Now to get home. Another safe drive, thanks again, and when I got home, Dan was sound asleep in his chair. So asleep that I unpacked my bag, put things away, changed clothes, and his show was finished. I woke him, and he got up and went to bed.

The rest of the evening I picked at email and wrote here. I'm still not sure when or even if I'm going to go up north. Gasoline has jumped again to $2.95/gallon here, which makes an expensive 2 night 1 day stay. With yucky weather.

So, I'm going to go to bed and hope to sleep.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment