Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday 04.11.2010

I kind of heard Dan get up for work this morning, and I know that he bent over and kissed me good bye, but when I saw the clock at 0700, I was relieved that I had finally slept. And I felt much better this morning, too. I dozed again until 9-ish before getting up.

I washed up and had breakfast and started laundry. I picked up odds and ends around the house, did a little dusting, vacuumed, etc. When the third load of laundry was done, folded, and put away, it was time to eat before leaving to go to Jackson to celebrate Frank's birthday.

I got to The Parlour and was happy to see a couple of Blurkers (blog readers who don't comment very often, if at all), as well as The Birthday Boy himself. I was concerned, because Dan hadn't called, hasn't answered his phone, and wasn't there. Maybe he wasn't feeling too well yet. Or maybe he was so well he went golfing... But he always calls to let me know.

We had a good time, and enjoyed our ice cream. A friend of Frank's joined us, too, which made a grand party of 5.
Keon, Frank, Jim, and Polly


We were about done when Dan called to say he had "forgotten" about our gathering and had gone golfing. I'm glad he's feeling better.

We visited a bit longer, then went on our ways.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and I had a safe drive home, thank you God.

I noticed that the trees here blossomed today. I put the hummingbird feeder up, and Dan thinks he saw a bird stop and look at it. (He is, by the way, feeling much better.)

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment