Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday 11.06.2009

This morning I woke a few minutes after the radio came on. I called the unit, knowing the census was down, and asked if anyone had requested "on-call". No--I said I would, which solved a staffing question, and went back to bed. Hmmm.

Dan got up, got ready, and left for work. I went back to sleep.

I woke at 0800 with the sun slatting in through the blinds. I smiled and rolled over like a dog in the sun. I was surprised that it was 0900.

I got up. 46 degrees. I had breakfast, looked at the computer while it warmed up a little.

I called the hospital to see if I would be needed in the next couple of hours. They said they had "plenty of help". Cool. I went out for a jog, came in, cooled off, showered.

While I was out, the sun was so nice. I was kind of queasy a couple of time, and when I was just about around, I walked a bit. I was surprised at how nauseated I was.

And then I passed gas. A lot of it.

Whew. Wow. That's better.

It kind of surprised me. I started jogging/running again, and all was well.

I cooled off, showered, and thought about going to "The Lake". I took my time putting things together, because I really couldn't leave.

Dan called, saying he was on his way home. I ate, then called the unit; they were good. And since it was well after 4, I left.

I had a safe drive up, thank you God. In fact, I didn't see any dark areas on the road; only 1 dead deer. Lots of skunks, though. I got here about 7:45.

It's about 43 degrees and breezy.

I've just gotten in the house and picked up the dead mouse in the trap and I hear footsteps in the leaves: Evelyn.

We chatted, then went outside to see her garage roof project in progress. Bob came out, too. We didn't stay out too long, though. The wind was nippy.

I unloaded the car, unpacked, and tried to light the furnace again. What I've found is that there doesn't seem to be enough gas coming in the line after releasing the red button. The radiant heater has brought the temp up to 56 so far. The bed is warming, so I'll be fine.

I'm going to go out with the flashlight and the just-past-full moon. So awesome out.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment