Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday 05.14.2009

I slept pretty good, I guess. Daniel said we had a thunderstorm for a couple of hours. I knew he had gotten up and closed the window, and heard a long rumble of thunder, but that's it.

We got up a little after 9, and by 10:30 we were on the way to Grass Lake to take the boat in for service.

It wasn't too difficult to get the boat out of the storage unit, and we got it over to Brinkman's. The owner, Vic, came out from the back. He remembered me and remembered the boat. I haven't been in there since 2001. I'm impressed.

They'll go over everything and make sure it's ready for the summer, and give me a call.

Ok, Thanks.

Back home.

I made a grocery list, Daniel ate lunch and left for his umpiring duties. I had something to eat, too, and went over to the post office on my way to the grocery store.

On the way out of the post office, I was turning left in stopped traffic. A driver had stopped to let me out, no one coming from the other direction, when

CRASH!!!
I had crept out in front of the car that had stopped and when my front end got into the
center/left turn lane, a dark green Ford Expedition got me.
You should see the Ford.
My Sebring looks fair, though the battery compartment is what is crashed in, and the battery
was jammed up against the tire. A flatbed wrecker came and took us over to Craig's Auto Body here in Holt, just behind our complex.
A very nice police officer took our information, and did not issue any citations. And no one was hurt. I had called 911, then called Daniel.
The front end of the Expedition was tore up--the bumper was broken and shoved into the radiator. Although there was no fluid leaking that I could see, it was steaming for a while.
The wrecker driver, Bill, was also very kind. $129.00 for the ride. Whoa! Because it was a police call, he said.
The people at the body shop were very nice, too, Glinda and Dave, the owners. They talked to me, making sure I was ok (I was a bit shook up), taking information, etc.

I walked home from there (like I said, it's just behind the complex). I walk that area frequently, and I needed to walk to help with the anxiety. And, it was a beautiful afternoon.
Back at home, I sat and breathed. Yep, I'm ok, and "things" are taken care of. Thank you, God.
Whew.
It was now just after 6. I had a little snack, got in the van, and went to Meijer. I got some flowers for the balcony, then went inside and got the groceries. I had just finished unloading the cart into the van when Daniel called.
We chatted, I reassured him that I was ok, I went home and unloaded and put things away.
Dan got home as I was finishing up.
Tomorrow I need to call the insurance company, and we'll probably go look at the car together.
I'm thankful for my life, that no one was hurt in today's crash.
Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. We are very thankful too that you and no one else was hurt.

    Love,
    Tom & Kathy Sue

    ReplyDelete