Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday 05.29.2009

I woke to the radio--ugh. Out of bed.

I got ready for work and headed out in the new-to-us car. It rides real nice, the seat fits me nice, and I got to Jackson safely, thank you God.

We had a nice work day--busy in the morning, but better in the afternoon. Labor and Delivery was busy all day; of course that will trickle over to us after the girls deliver, probably sometime during the night.

Clocked out, driving home. One of the display features on this car is the projected miles for the amount of fuel left in the tank. It showed 67 miles when I left for home, and since "home" is approximately 30 miles, I thought I would get gas in Lansing, as it's often times lower priced.

Ha. I was just north of Leslie and the fuel gauge binged. Huh? What do you mean "low fuel"?? It wouldn't display how many miles projected to be left in the tank, so, not knowing how accurate that whole system is, I hoped I made it the three or four miles to the Mason Meijer.

I did, but WHAT IS WITH THE GAS PRICES???? Holy dogs. $2.75. This whole gas price increasing like it does is nonsense. $40 to fill the car.

The manual shows that the gas tank is 16.3 gallons, and I put 14+ in it. So I did have about 60 miles or so left in the tank. Now I know.

At home, Daniel was doing stuff on the computer for his J.O.B. He found out he'll be starting on first shift, 0700 - 3:30.

I wrote here, trying to wind down. I'm really tired, hoping that the tylenol/motrin will let me sleep restfully, as well as take care of the discomfort in that left breast and shoulder.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment