Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday 07.15.2009

The day started quiet and gloomy/overcast. It never really rained here. The same odd wind pattern of being windy then quiet. Temperature got up to 76, surprisingly.

I had breakfast, then went into Hale. Dropped mail at the Post Office, trash at the waste station, then over to Dollar General for cleaning stuff. To Alward's for milk, and they had the whole cooked chickens that I like, so I got one of those, and fresh veggies.

Back home, I put things away and had lunch. Daniel called as I was finishing. He sounded real good, though he says he's "mentally tired". As we were on the phone, I saw a sailboat coming from the far end of the lake. I watched as it got closer then turned around near here. The next time I looked up, it was docking at the Goodwin Cottage! Huh?? Hey--Bruce brought his sailboat!! Awesome!! The sailboats like the wind...

After I finished kitchen chores I walked to the GC and saw my brothers and sister-in-law. (Jim and Polly have returned today, also). We visited a bit, then I came back to catch a ride to Hale with the neighbors. The French Boys Choir was performing at the Catholic church.

We got there and found a seat. The church was full. There were maybe 20 boys, from maybe 7 or 8 on up, and maybe 4 adult males. They sang mostly in French, but the music was wonderful. There were a few numbers performed in English, but with the French accent it was different. And of course the acoustics in the church were wonderful.

After the performance, my neighbors went to check on a property while the owners are away. They wanted to show me the gardens, and a couple of buildings on the property, too. It was a good thing we checked--a door on one of the outbuildings had been left with just the screen door closed, so the heavy door got closed as we left. Then they wanted to show me their other house, which was a few more miles away. Ok. We walked through the house, they sang a couple of karaoke songs (really), we walked through the yard, then left.

On the way back to the lake, we stopped at the GC, as neighbor Bob had wood glue and a clamp for Bruce to borrow to repair a batten. (strip of wood from his boat that broke) We finally left there just before 10.

Back at the lake, I changed into my jammas and wrote here.

Tomorrow is sailboat races, if there's appropriate wind.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment