Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday 07.08.2009 Vacation!!!!

I slept at intervals. I kept hydrated yesterday while we were so busy, and as a result, I was up every couple of hours. The longest interval was between 0530 and 0830. I'm still having hot flashes, though not quite as strong as during the previous year. I still awaken with the "sense" of something, then I'm warm, so I usually just get out of bed. I think I am able to return to sleep most of the time.

I got up and started getting things together to go to the lake. Daniel had said that the UPS guy usually comes between 9 and 10, and UPS tracking shows that the second boat cover will be delivered today.

I had breakfast, showered, packed, carried things downstairs. The mailman came and rang the doorbell--he brought a printer that Daniel had ordered for us for the lake. (It was actually more cost effective to buy another printer than to buy replacement ink cartridges. Go figure.) Then the Fed Ex guy came and delivered something for Dan. It's well after 10 o'clock, and no UPS truck. I'm mostly ready to leave now, other than the cooler and a few dry foods. I watered all the plants, made a batch of hummingbird food. Hm. Hey--I'll spend the time playing with my new piano!

I enjoyed going through some of my music and playing. I was surprised that my right hand was so unaccustomed to opening/stretching to reach an octave. It won't take too much practice, though, and I was able to pick at some of the easier pieces. I did better when I didn't try to think about it so much, just let the brain do it's thing.

I played for about an hour, and when I was done it was just after 3. Still no truck. I checked the tracking again--still shows that it's to be delivered today. Breathe.

I decided to make a sandwich to eat on the road. And just as I finished, here comes the truck. Finally.

By the time I packed the cooler and foods, carried them downstairs, loaded the car, Daniel called and said he'd be home in about 20 minutes. Shoot, might as well wait and get my hugs. I did, and I ended up actually leaving home around 5 pm.

I took my time traveling and had safe trip, thank you God, and arrived at the Jacque Cabin about 8:45. All well, neat and clean. (Other family members ended up being able to enjoy the place over the holiday weekend.)

I unloaded the car, put things away, and checked out the new internet service. Ooohhh yeah, it's good.

The temps were mid 60's when I arrived, dropping to near 50 tonight, and the lake has quieted to a mirror. The full moon is rising over the water, lighting up the lake with it's wide white stripe. So cool.

Tomorrow I'd like to put the speedboat in the water. Check Spelling

I'm off to put the linens on the bed and tuck myself in.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment