Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday 07.02.2009

I watched the quiet sunrise this morning in what looked to be a partly cloudy sky. It was very pretty, and I dozed back off to the sounds of the birds, and was surprised that it was 10:00 when I woke up.

As I got up and moving around, I was picking up and putting away and generally getting things turned around to go home. I finally had breakfast about 11:30.

Just as I was sitting down to eat, Jim and Polly came in. We visited a while, they left, and I finished getting ready to go home. I called Overton's about the ill-fitting boat cover, and they are going to exchange it. I rolled it back up as best I could.

When I ordered the internet service, the lady told me that it would be on after 5pm on the service day. I did all my cleaning and packing to leave, and at 5:05, no service. Hm. I called customer service and asked about it. "5:00 Central Time," he said. Ugh. So I putzed around for another 45 minutes.

6 o'clock, 6:05. No service. I called again. Of course, I was on hold, in the que, and when I finally spoke with someone, he had to start from the very beginning, with the service address, billing address, etc. He checked the modem (from Texas!) and declared it functional, but something is not physically correct with the line into the house. (I don't think the technician ever came out like the very first lady told me he would.) So he put in another work order, and supposedly the person will be out tomorrow. That's all good and well; I won't be there. Evidently they call if they need to get into the building to check the service.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed, and frustrated, too. I was ready to leave before 5 and wanted to get home. I finally got into the van at 6:40 pm and headed south.

I had a good drive home, thank you God, although the folks northbound on I-75 were backed up stop-and-go from Bay City to Saginaw, about 10 miles. It's good to see that with our economy the way it is that people are still going "up north" on a holiday weekend.

I finally got home about 9:40. I unloaded the van and put it at the foot of the stairs in the foyer, and when I came in after parking the van, it was all upstairs!! I tell you, that Daniel is a good man.

It was good to see him. We visited while I unpacked, then I showered. That felt good.

I wrote here, and I'm off to bed.

Work day tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment