Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday 07.12.2009

Another beautiful day. Even though it was a bit windy, and sometimes cloudy, the temps got to 77 when the sun was out. But mostly it was cooler and low to mid 60's with the clouds. The "weekenders" were out the first part of the day and the lake quieted in the afternoon.

Kris and I went out for a 3 mile jog which was most enjoyable. You know, they say that you need to be able to talk while jogging/running, which was a good test for me, as I generally go out by myself. It was nice to have that one-on-one time. Thank you, Kris.

After I cooled off and showered, Vonnie and I went in to Hale to pick up a few groceries. That's when the car showed 77 degrees. We had the top down on the way back, and took the scenic route around the lake on memory lane, marveling at it all. We got our food prep done for dinner tonight.

Vonnie and I had Jim, Polly, Jim, Kris, and Ariana for a Bring-your-own-meat-potluck dinner. We had pork steak, made macaroni salad, and I made biscuits for strawberries that we had prepared, and also another batch of yummy rhubarb sauce. Others had brought baked beans, cob corn, green beans, wild rice stuff, another grain type stuff, ribs, and chicken breast, potato salad, and probably a few more things. Jim Sr. ran the grill, cooking our meats to perfection. Thank you, Jim.

After dinner, we girls cleaned up the kitchen. Jim, Kris, and Ariana left to go back home to Midland, and Jim and Polly stayed and visited. They left just before 10.

The lake has quieted down nicely. Vonnie and I sat out on the front deck for a short bit, watching the bats swooping around. The mosquitoes were out, too, and after what felt like a bat picked one off of my hooded-sweatshirt-covered head, I decided it was time for me to go in.
We brought the cushions in and finished up our evening.

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow, other than "liking it".

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment