Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday 7.17.2008

I had a good day today--I woke up to the landscape people mowing about 7:30 (good that someone else mows, not good that they mow our area first thing in the morning). I put the earbud in with the radio on low, and went back to sleep. 0900 I woke to the sound of water--Daniel was in the shower. Oh. Time to get up....

He went off to his golf outing. I got myself ready for the day. I had breakfast, got into the cupboards to see what I had and what I needed, checked the list, added to it, and headed out.

I went to the bread store first. The same bread that's on the grocery store shelves, same expiration dates, for way less. I almost couldn't believe it. I bought buns for the sloppy joes for Saturday, and asked the nice lady, Debbie, about larger quantities. We talked about what I needed (for Bre and Nick's party on the 26th), and she said today would be good. Ok. I ordered the breads for that party, too, at less-than-Sam's prices. Cool.

Over to Meijer. First stop, gas pump. Geesh. Sure hope these gas prices come down...

Then into the store. I spent a bit of time looking for a couple of things I wanted, found some, not others, then went on the get the groceries. At the meat counter, the "good" ground beef (lower fat) was priced really good. I asked the girl for 10 pounds. "I can only give you 5 pounds when it's on sale." Oh. I didn't know it was on sale. There's not a "sale" sign, just the price. She chatted a bit. I asked her how long I had to wait before I could come back and get another 5 pounds. "Another hour," she said. Oh. I told her I was making sloppy joes for a party, and needed to cook it today. "What kind of party?" she asked. I told her we were having a Celebration for the End of Cancer Treatment and my Recovery. "Wow," she said. She reached back in the case and pulled out the tray again, and, looking around to see where her co-worker went, she packaged up another 5 pounds. "That's worth another 5 pounds. Congratulations!"

"Thank you," I told her, "You made my day." She smiled. "Have a good party!" I waved to her, as the store was busy, and I was leaving the counter.

I got most of the items on the list. I really have to focus to stay on task. It seemed I had been there a while, though it was maybe an hour. Including waiting in line to check out.

Next, over to Gordon's Foods. I got the items I needed there, then on back home.

I had only been gone 2 hours.

Several trips up the stairs, unpacked and put away the groceries. I fixed and ate lunch, and sat for a brief rest before doing food prep.

I made the sloppy joes, then a marinated vegetable salad. Daniel came in just as I was finishing cleaning up the kitchen.

He was in good spirits--seems he and his partner took second place, and Dan came home with prizes--gift certificates, pens, etc. He was happy boy.

He showered, and after that we moved the towel bar in the guest bathroom. I let him sit the rest of the evening. He's had an active day, being outside all day in the heat.

I cleaned and cut up the vegetables and fruits, and put my lunch together for tomorrow. Then it was time to eat again, so I did.

Finally, most of the tasks are done. I got on the computer, checked email, took a couple of phone calls, and wrote here.

I am so excited to see all of you! Pray for good weather...

My breast has been itchy today, both outside and inside. And sore on the inside, too. Don't know why--part of the process? More activity?? I don't know. Doesn't matter, I just deal with it. A couple of motrin and a tylenol, I'm good, usually for 4 or 5 hours, or long enough to do what I need to do without much energy going to discomfort.

I'm going to bed. Tomorrow is a workday. Saturday is Splashdown!! Woo Hoo!! Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi cuz!
    That was very nice of the lady at the meat counter to give you the extra 5 lbs. God's angels are everwhere, aren't they? I hope you have/had a good day at work today. I'm worried about you over exerting yourself though. Sure hope you're doing OK.
    I'm very excited about tomorrow. What fun it will be. Can't wait to give you a great big hug! I am so proud of you Kathy. You have really been such a brave woman throughout this whole ordeal. You truly amaze me. God bless you always and I pray that the itching stops soon! C U tomorrow.
    Love ya,
    Di

    ReplyDelete