Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday 7.7.2008

I didn't sleep very well this morning. I woke with the early morning birdsong with my sinuses full and trying to drain and mouth breathing. Great. I laid on my back and dozed.

When I did get up, I took a sudafed and had breakfast, then got in the shower after the medicine started to work. I had dried off when the phone rang--it was Leah, calling to ask if I had remembered my massage today. OH NO!! I forgot!! I didn't transfer the appointment to the big calendar, and didn't look in my planner. Fortunately, though, she had a cancellation for Tuesday, and it fit right in my schedule. Whew.

I dressed, and Daniel and I went out to pick up Breon's wedding rings that had been dropped off to be soldered together. (There's a saga surrounding this that I won't go into here.) The rings are very pretty and ready for Saturday.

Daniel wanted to stop at Wal-Mart to check for golf balls. He left me in the clothing department and went off. I browsed around, and found a few things to try on. I didn't know which size would fit, so I took a couple into the fitting room with me. Surprise--too big. Daniel was a good sport and looked for the things I liked in different sizes. I had gotten dressed to be finished when he approached me with the elusive item we had been looking for. I went back in and tried it on. Yay!! Now I needed tops to match. He found several, and we picked 3. We completed our purchase and came home.

Lunch, and the rain moved in. Daniel watched the radar for the next hour or so, as his golf league played tonight. His phone started ringing as the guys were wondering if they were going to play. He predicted that the rain would end by tee time; he was right. He left to go play.

I did a couple things in the house, then went into the garage to get that cleaned for the party on the 19th. Pray for good weather--we'll be outdoors (there's shade)--and if it storms, we may have to converge on the clubhouse. We'll see how it goes...

I worked out there until 8:30, then stopped to make a prescription pick-up at the pharmacy. Just as I was putting the top down, Daniel drove up. I asked him if he would do that for me; he did, and I got back to finishing up my project.

I did finish, and I came in and showered. Between the high humidity, the hot flashes, and the activity, I was drenched. The tepid shower felt good.

Dan and I visited a bit, I ate, then got on the computer. He drifted off to bed while I finished here.

It feels real good to have energy, and to have time to do a project in the afternoon. I only had to stop a few times to scratch that itchy breast. Sheesh.

Tomorrow is massage, then a meeting in Jackson from 3-6. I also need to get to Meijer to pick up sale items. I work Wednesday and Thursday, then Friday we leave for Pentwater for Bre and Nick's wedding on Saturday. We'll be taking them to the airport Sunday morning for their flight to New Orleans.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kath,
    I hope you'll tell us about the "wedding ring saga" on the 19th. I hope that all turned out well. Glad to hear that Bre is doing such a great job with her wedding plans. I'm sure she truly appreciates all of your help as well.
    Say, is Leah coming to your party? I see that Ike is. I would love to meet them both.
    Speaking of Ike, just tell your doctor that you need a renewable monthly prescription for bi-weekly P.T. treatments. Eh?
    I enjoyed and appreciated reading your thoughts regarding Independance Day. May God bless America and all the men and women who have fought for our freedom!
    And on that note . . . I'll C U soon.
    Love ya,
    Di

    ReplyDelete