Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday 04.07.2011 Septic--Resolved

I had a nice drive to The Lake, thank you God, and drove into the sunshine. Only 45 degrees here, but sunny, with a mild wind.

The septic guy was already here, and had dug up the cover to the tank. No problems there, after removing a couple of root masses. (I was pleased to hear that he had serviced this property in the past, as well as a few more on this pointe).

He got into the second tank, which is really the first one in the series, and that one was ok, too, after the roots were removed. But still no flow in with a flush. Hm.

He started digging again, and found water. Aha!! A broken line!! Which the roots had used to their EXTREME advantage!!

He went to the truck, got what he needed, repaired the line, adding a vertical clean-out line, filled in the holes, and called it done. Woo Hoo!!

And I wrote the check.

One. Hundred. Dollars.

Yep.

I was happy to do so.

The gurgling noises that I had been hearing have gone away. Yippee to that, too.

After he left, I lit the pilot on the furnace. Woo Hoo! Heat, too!!

I brought my things in from the car and had a great rest of the afternoon/evening. I went for a walk, looking at the remaining snowpiles as well as the still-frozen lake. The sun on the ice is melting it, and it sounds like rice krispies crackling. I didn't hear any big cracks or louder noises, though.

I hadn't cleaned really well after the insulation installation, or the furnace installation, so I got that done. I may wash the walls in the hallway tomorrow.

Overall, a lovely place to be.

I'm so thankful that the septic issue is resolved, and at low cost, too.

Tomorrow I have to go back downstate.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment