Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday 01.15.2011

I had a slow drive to Jackson this morning. It had snowed, and was still snowing, but the right lane of the highway was fair driving. I was able to go 40-45 mph, sometimes 50. Until I got behind someone who would only go 35-38. Geesh. The left lane had the kind of stuff that grabbed the tires and pulled the vehicle over, which made passing a non-option for me. The two vehicles that did pass us had a little difficulty. So, I drove "with traffic", and thanked the angels for keeping me safe. I also called the unit to tell them I was on my way. I was only about 5 minutes late, but I got there.

We had a good day with a good team. Busy, but manageable. We got breaks and everything! Hopefully, tomorrow will be as good.

The drive home was much better, as the roads had been plowed and salted. The temperature was just so that the road film was trying to freeze, so 60-65 mph was good for me.

Dan and I visited and had a nice evening. We both work tomorrow.

I'm feeling pretty good, overall, though I'm tired and my feet hurt. I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment