Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday 08.28.2010

Dan was up frequently during the night. He apologized for waking me. I told him that he was up as often as I am awake most nights. Hi intestines were finally empty this morning, and he went out to golf.

I tried to snooze a little after he left, but I ended up getting up about 8:30, gathering my things and adding them to my bags that I didn't really unpack. Shower, breakfast, and down to Jackson.

Lauretta did a great job on my hair. It's pretty short this time. Kind of fun. From there I stopped and did the banking, then on over to Discount Tire to get the tires rotated. Frank met me over there so we could visit, which worked out really well. We were just blocks from Allskate, and he wanted to take me over to see Ashlee, one of the girls who had been at the JC, as she was working today.

As soon as we got in the door, one of the owners/managers asked Frank if he could stay and work right now. He couldn't, though, because he's working OT at his "real" job, and has to go in this afternoon. We tried to keep our visit short and get back to the tire store.

The car was done when we got there, and we went on our ways.

Back home, I finished packing, watered the plants, picked up the house, etc., and got on the road, later than what I had wanted to. But it was a beautiful day and I did what I needed to do.

A safe drive, thank you God. I finally arrived at the JC about 6:40 PM. I called Dan to tell him I had arrived; he was just into Twining. (he had packed up before leaving to golf) We decided to have supper at Big Bob's in Hale. Just as I was getting into town, he called again to say that BB had closed at 7 pm. Hm. We went into Long Lake, Largent's.

We had a decent meal and got to the JC. It was sooo beautiful. Clear blue sky, high 70's, and just a light ripple on the water. And the Weekenders, tearing up the lake. They finally went in after dark.

So here we are for a week.

I've been feeling pretty good today--my wrist has been less uncomfortable.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment