Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday 06.20.2010 Fathers Day

It was hard to wake my brain up for work today.

On the way to Jackson, there was a car that was several car lengths ahead of me, and in the other lane. I saw brake lights, so I braked, too, and then I saw the golden brown of the deer. And another, and another. Taking their time, crossing the highway. We were completely stopped, side by side, on the highway. I looked over at the other driver--I smiled and gave a thumbs up. He smiled and waved. I'm so glad neither one of us hit one of those animals.

I almost needed sunglasses by the time I got to Jackson. The sunrise is so beautiful.

We clocked in, listened to report, and right off the bat, had to "save a life". One of our new patients was bleeding pretty good. The co-worker I was with today has been a nurse for 39 years, and with my 27 years of experience, our combined 66 years of nursing experience gave us the knowledge to calmly and expertly intervene. After a couple hours of medications and manual interventions, she straightened up. Woo Hoo!! Great teamwork!

The rest of the day was an odd, steady, busy day. Finally, the night shift came in. And unfortunately, it looked like it was trying to turn into another busy night.

I changed my clothes and met Daniel and Frank over at Los Tres Amigos in Jackson, part of Dan's Fathers Day celebration. We had a good supper, then went on our ways, Dan and I to home, of course.

Dan has showered and gone to bed, and I'm hoping to get there soon, too.

Tomorrow is unscheduled for me. Dan has to work.

My wrist was a little better today. It's still really sore and swollen, but I didn't take anything for it. I'll see what it does tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment