Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday 05.012.2010

It was one of those nights when I felt like I had been sleeping a long time, when I felt like I had been sleeping really hard, but when I looked at the clock 20 minutes might have passed. I remember thinking "Really? Only 20 minutes?" Great on one hand, that I had time to sleep more, but not so great that I hadn't gotten a stretch of sleep.

I got up when my alarm went on; Dan got up a half hour later.

A safe drive in the dark drizzle, thank you God, and a steady pace at the jobsite today. Love my co-workers. I was happy when the next shift came in.

I was the last one to clock out; one of the night girls was out of report and had come out to the desk. A call light comes on. "She hasn't stopped bleeding in here." Hm. What? "She's still bleeding pretty good." It was a new patient that had come to our unit within the last half hour, and that's about all I knew about her. But when they are calling that they're bleeding like that, it's time to go in with gloves on.

I checked her over. Ha! Not much bleeding at all. Whew. I reassured her, thanked her for calling us, and to call again if she thinks she's bleeding too much. I told her oncoming nurses what happened, then I was able to clock out and go home.

A safe drive again, thank you God.

Dan was home, we chatted about the day, and I had a bowl of cereal. He went off to bed about 9. I wrote here.

Tomorrow is another workday for each of us. I'm hoping to be able to leave early so that I can go to the lake.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment