Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday 12.04.2009

So excited--I got to sleep in this morning!!  Seems like a little thing, but I needed that extra rest.  No, 0800 is NOT sleeping in.  I woke today at 0900.  Just as I was wondering about the weather, if I would be able to go out and jog, the phone rang.  Kathy, we'll need you to come in at 12:30, we've opened West.... (our overflow unit).  Ok, no problem.  I was happy to sleep in.

I got up and ready.  Breakfasted, shuffled some lists for the party, looking at what I had yet to do, took with me what I might be able to do at work if I had a little "down time".  Before long it was time to leave.

It was just a little snow-flurry-ing outdoors.  30 degrees, windy, dry pavement.  I had a safe drive down, thank you God.  I found a parking spot, and just as I had gotten bundled up to walk over to the hospital, the shuttle arrived.  Woo Hoo!!  Another good thing today. 

In the hospital, we only had 1 couplet on the floor, but the rest of the afternoon I got 3 surgicals back, which entail being in their rooms every 15 minutes for the first hour, then hourly for another couple hours, then getting them out of bed the 4th hour.  I was busy, especially when all 3 of them were still on "frequent vital signs".  I had gotten the first one out of bed before I left, with the second one to be done not too long into the next shift.  I don't mind all the surgicals, and it was even better that I was rested and not working the entire 12 hour shift.

The night shift had arrived and we were able to clock out.  Ahhh.  Another safe drive home in the dark, thank You again.  I did see deer parts in the road, though.  So yucky.

Dan was dozing in his chair when I came in.  He did wake up a bit though, to have a little conversation.   In fact he made it all the way to 10:15 tonight!!  He has traded some days with someone, so he'll be off this weekend.  Which is good--I had planned to get this party set up pretty much by myself, with Frank's help, but Daniel will be able to help, too.  Wa-La.

Tomorrow is cookie baking and shopping and food prep and list checking and supply gathering, so that Sunday is just a matter of loading the car/s and getting it to the clubhouse and set up.  I'm excited.  Maybe I'll have an opportunity to decorate the house a little, too....

Thank you for reading.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment