Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday 09.30.2009

I went back to sleep this morning after Dan left, but woke again shortly after 8. And not feeling so good. Head pressure and fatigue. I got up and took a claritin and had breakfast. I looked around on the internet and went back to bed. I was surprised that it was after 12 when I woke again.

Hey! I feel a little better. Not great, but a little better. I had a bite to eat, then took a bike ride over to the post office to mail a package for Dan then to the pharmacy to pick up the rest of the prescription (that they didn't have the other day). The sun was in a clear blue sky, but the wind was still a little cold. It sure is odd/weird to be cold and having hot flashes. The air feels cold on my skin but my torso is hot and perspiring. Geesh.

I was quite fatigued when I got back home and put my bike away. I had read an article this morning about the aromitase inhibitors (AI)--of which the arimidex is one, and the plan is to take that for 4 more years--causing joint pain. This study showed joint and tendon changes by ultrasound, validating that approximately 1/3 of the women who take it really do hurt. Ugh. The recommended treatment for the discomfort is nsaids and acetaminophen (yes, tylenol and motrin really are my friends), and to continue the AI for the duration. *sigh* The follow-up question from us lay-people is, Does it go away when the AI is discontinued? That study is yet to be done.

With that in mind, and with me being on the edge of getting sick, I took some tylenol and motrin. I ended up with a brief nap on the sofa, but since I've been drinking a lot of water today I had to get up. That's ok, I wandered and picked up the house a little.

Dan played golf after work and came in just after dusk. He's feeling better, and said he played pretty good today.

He works tomorrow and I don't. (smile) I hope to beat this bug.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment