Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday 12.2.2008

Another night of hot, cold, occasionally just right, and intermittent sleep. I woke about 0730, and was listening to the radio with an earbud, when my phone rang. It was the dentist's office, saying there were cancellations and would I be able to come in at 9:00? or maybe 9:30? And I have another opening at 11...I took the 11 o'clock appointment to have a decaying tooth repaired.

I got up and got ready for my day, and after a while, headed to Jackson. Even though it had snowed and was slippery in the complex, the highway was wet and driving was good.

When Dr. Hess came in to the room I had been shown to, I told him how I had felt after having the local anesthesia for the previous tooth repair--yucky for the rest of the day. We talked about the medications used, and as it turns out, the one that I had been given, they no longer use. So that was good news. However, since this current cavity itself was shallow, I opted to pass on the anesthetic all together.

Dr. Hess does a good job, and my discomfort was fleeting. The tooth was repaired, and I was done. Let me tell you, I breathed and breathed, and tried to stay focused. Whew. Thank you Dr. Hess, and his lovely assistant who I don't know her name. She was kind enough to explain some of the processes and show me some of the instruments that were used. Interesting.

I left there and headed back home. I called Dan to let him know I was on my way, and I stopped at Discount Tire in Lansing to have my tires rotated. They had a 2 hour wait, so I made an appointment for tomorrow at 12:30. I went over to Meijer and picked up a few groceries, then went home. That wind was really cold blowing through the parking lot.

I got home, Dan helped carry the groceries in. He was fixing his food--a noodle soup that he likes. I made myself a lovely salad.

The evening progressed.

I've been having more Episodes of Increased Temperatures it seems, as well as Not Quite Frozen, these last several days. And my breast and shoulder are annoyingly uncomfortable. Ah well, I'm alive.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment