Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday 12.26.2008

I woke up about 8:15, listened/dozed to the radio, and got up about 9:15. Sometime during the early morning my ears started feeling less full. Finally. Dan got up shortly after I did.

I had breakfast and enjoyed a cup of brew before getting started on assembling today's foods. It was before noon, and Daniel's daughter Kris arrived. Woo-Hoo!!

We had a nice visit, and before too long, Frank arrived, then Breon and Nick and their new 2-year old Bulldog named Awesome. Yes, they had asked about bringing her. I was very surprised that the dog was so low keyed and well behaved throughout the afternoon.

We had a small gift exchange then enjoyed our enchilada fiesta. Very Yummy.

They all looked at the television the rest of the evening while I putzed around in the kitchen, looked at the computer, asked if anyone wanted to do anything. Hm.

Frank left about 6:30, and the Berry family left shortly after. Kris will be staying with us a couple of nights before going on to visit friends in Toronto.

I put the rest of the crudites away and wrote here.

Dan is ok, but the dark blue/bruising seems to have spread a little more with what I think is a different area of "fullness". I evaluated it and marked it again. Most of the previous marking has come off. And after he took his morning meds, his rash came back. Hm. Another dose of Benadryl. It was after Kristen had arrived that we decided to call the hospital and talk to one of the nurses on the floor. It was a different person than had taken care of Daniel, but she was very kind, asking questions and trying to figure out what is going on. She decided that since I was a nurse, that keeping ice on it and watching it, and taking the Benadryl for the rash, was ok, and that there are physician assistants on 24/7 that are very familiar with Dr. Karve's patients, and if things get worse, to come in to the ER and one of them would come over to evaluate him. And to call the floor again if I needed to. I thanked her very much and reassured Dan that we're ok, and that we can go to the emergency room whenever he feels he needs to.

Tonight, after taking his evening meds, the rash has re-appeared, and he says it's very itchy and has been all day. His back and front/torso are what seem to be affected. And the bruising has spread, too, though the fullness seems to be gone. He's disconcerted, and concerned of course, and I reassured him that whenever he wanted to go to the hospital we could. He decided to go to bed and see how it is in the morning.

So, we're not making a big deal of it. But I'm kind of concerned. All we can do is watch and wait. Pray for the best.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment