Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday 12.7.2008

I got up about 8 this morning, hungry, so I washed up and had breakfast. Daniel got up shortly after I did. I spent time on the computer after eating, then went in to shower. Boy, that warm water feels good. My shoulder was "stiff" feeling, definitely uncomfortably sore. I let the water run on it and stretched it. I can't tell if it helps; it's still sore tonight.

Dan and I visited, and I went into what used to be Breon's room, where I've set up a folding table and had a craft project set out. I have a grapevine wreath from my house on Elm Street. (I had harvested my vines each fall and made wreaths of them.) We also had some silk poinsettias from when we ordered the silks for the top of the entertainment center. So, I took the flowers off the stems and wired them onto a wreath for our front door. It took me a few hours, and I did a couple loads of laundry, too. I had Christmas music playing--it's nice to have a space where I can actually do something.

I finished it just as it was getting dark. It's on the door now. And it looks good.

Daniel wanted to go to Meijer, so we did, and picked up a few groceries. Back home, I put a couple of potatoes in the microwave and cut apart one their rotisserie chickens, and wa-la, supper. Yum.

I cleaned up the kitchen and wrote here. I'm kind of tired tonight and hope to go to bed kind of early. And hope to sleep when I do.

Tomorrow is a workday.

So, the Christmas Season is upon us, with the whirlpool of activities drawing us to the vortex of December 25th, Jesus' birthday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment