Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday 10.6.2008

I didn't sleep much between midnight and 4:30--at o425 the phone rang. It was my turn to stay home. Oh, ok. I got up, took a tylenol and motrin, and went back to bed. Dan hadn't slept real well either, and we settled in for "the rest of the story". I put the earphone in and listened to the radio for a while, finally turning it off and went to sleep about 6:45. Sheesh.

Dan was snoring as I looked at the clock: 0945. Funny how when one wakes up the other one does. He woke up about fifteen minutes later.

We got up and started the day. Liz from Dr. Bolmer's office called to remind me of my appointment on Wednesday, and asked if I had gotten my blood drawn. I told her I had, when and where, and she said she would look it up on the computer. Ok, thanks.

He had a noon meeting lined up, and while he was gone I enjoyed a shower. When he came back, the mail had arrived, and a different phone for him was in it. He spent the rest of the afternoon fooling around with that. We decided to go out for dinner, then to Meijer for a few groceries.

Back home, I put some cookies in the oven for a potluck luncheon for the volunteers that knit baby hats and such for our babies. As I was putting a baking sheet in the oven, somehow it kind of slipped out of my hand and landed on the oven door. That part was ok, but some of the cinnamon and sugar had gotten on the door and into the bottom hinged area. Some of the stuff continued on through to the drawer below. I rearranged the cookies on the pan, put those in the oven, got a dry cloth and wiped off the door before the sugar burnt on, and while they were baking, I took the drawer out and cleaned it and the assorted variety of baking pans of the sugar and cinnamon (and dusty bits) that were there. I'll have to check on the rest of the stuff in the hinge after it cools off.

The rest of the evening I caught up on the internet.

As I was drying from my shower earlier today, the skin sloughed off from the areola and nipple again. The newly exposed layer was tender; I put some silvadene ointment on it. My shoulder has been achy tonight, too.

I'm off to bed--tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment