Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday 02.19.2014

What a glorious day today!!

I enjoyed the late morning/afternoon sun, and temps at mid 40's, I had to go outdoors.

I took the car to the wash, where the guys were attentive to cleaning off the How-many-weeks'-worth  of salty dirty road grime that we haven't been able to clean off because of single digit temperatures???  (the couple days it was warmer I had to work...)

I got the shovel and removed the ice that had accumulated in the driveway from the roof melt fiasco. I'm happy to say that the roof is dry this afternoon. The maintenance guy had shoveled up half of the main house roof  and that half is all melted. The other half, and the whole front, is still snow and ice covered, and melting. The back room is drying out, but still noticeably wet at the top of the wall and above the door. There was fresh water drippage on the door window; I didn't see anything on the door frame, and the window beside the door was dry, too. The door is still swollen and difficult to open and close. I also noticed a drip on the outside from the soffit, and and foundation still has wet areas. That was a lot of water that came through that wall.

And then I had to go for a walk. It was so beautiful.  The birds were noisy and the breeze was a little cool, but I didn't have a hat or scarf on, and there was no frosty breath. It will be Spring, it will be Spring.....  Right after this next Winter Weather Advisory and two weeks of  below freezing temperatures.

Stay warm.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment