Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday 05.11.2013

I had a good day today.

Slept pretty good, got up and enjoyed breakfast.

After a while, the sun came out, and I was able to put the flowers in the ground that  I had bought yesterday. I know it's supposed to be close to freezing the next couple nights, but these are tucked under the lilacs along the driveway. I think they'll be ok.

And I didn't have to go in to the J.O.B. for the last four hours of the shift that I had picked up.

So I got the hose out and watered the plants good, got the bird bath out, cleaned it, and placed it; cleaned the hummingbird feeder and filled it with fresh food, and scared (unintentionally) the robin off the nest several times. I wonder if they will ever get accustomed to me walking by, or coming in or out of my door?

I texted Frank to tell him I wasn't working, and he came over. We ran errands together, stopping at Menard's. I bought a small gas grill I had seen yesterday that was on sale. $65, after a $20 rebate. It's definitely a low-end model, but there was a man putting one on his cart when we were, and he said it was a great buy. That encouraged me.

Frank and I spent the next few hours assembling the little cooker. I sure appreciated the garage today! The cold front moved through, and it was 40 degrees by the time we were done.

And almost dark.

Time to get something to eat.

No, we didn't use the grill.

Maybe tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment