Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday 08.23.2010

"Summer" is almost gone. It's late August, and the winds are blowing with a hint of cool. Indeed, it's been long pants and sweatshirt weather for the locals.

And I happily say that I finally slept a "block" last night. I remember seeing the clock at midnight, and just maybe, probably did, see the clock at 0200, but what I recall was the pleasant surprise of seeing that it was 0500!!! I SLEPT! And I feel like I've been "reset" or something. Very odd, but true. I was happy to get up at 0930.

I breakfasted and got ready for the day. I ended up cleaning the kitchen, and drove to the GC to see J&P before they leave, as well as ask if they have anything for the "transfer station", where we take our trash, as I'm going in to Hale anyway.

They were enjoying their day, slowly packing up. We visited a bit before I left, taking a bag of recycling for them.

I dropped off the trash and stuff and went on to the grocery store and the dollar store. I got back home and walked around the yard again, looking at what needs to be done outdoors. It's still kind of windy, but never did clear up today like what was predicted. Until tonight, when it's clear and the moon is coming into being full and the lake is mirror. And temps at low 60's.

In the early evening, though, the wind quieted enough to be able to spray the exterior perimeters of the buildings. I soaked those bees again in the shed. I sprayed 3 small hives last week, and there is/was another area of activity, so I soaked that area again. I think they're the yellow jackets or something. Kind of aggressive, and I didn't want to open the shed door again.

Back inside, I started the painting project; moving the furniture and removing screws and nails from the wall. I wiped the wall down, but it wasn't real dusty/dirty. I had cleaned it when the room was empty for the carpet project. I decided to tape a few edges, and when it was ready to paint, I stopped and fixed my supper and ate.

I washed dishes again, and got the paint opened. And after a couple hours, it looks right nice if I do say so myself. I've cleaned up and moved stuff around so I can get around tonight, and will finish tomorrow. My wrist has been a bit sore this afternoon.

It's really pretty outdoors, though a little cool. Maybe I'll sit on the deck a few moments...

Thank you God for giving me this life.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment