Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday 05.29.2010

I slept at intervals, and the radio woke me. Time to get up...

I pretty much don't have much of a voice, and my nose was running again. First thing, sudafed. I got ready to go.

I had breakfast, and fixed a hot tea to go. Dan looks and sounds better this morning.

I was enjoying my drive, in the almost full morning light, noticing that the deer were feeding in the fields. I kept watch, though, because you never know when those creatures want to cross the road.

Like the one who ran out from the tall grass in the median, across the left lane, and right in front of me. In our family, we have a saying "hit the deer", because someone ended up upside down in a ditch from trying to dodge something. Fortunately I saw this one coming out, and with no other vehicles near me, I braked hard, though not skidding. The animal saw me and kind of jumped a little, but kept on running. I was able to slow down enough that it was able to get across, but it was sure close. If I hadn't been watching, or other traffic, we wouldn't have been so lucky.

Of course, my heart was pounding, but I shouted a loud Woo Hoo!! and Thank you God and all the Angels for keeping me safe!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

I continued on my way without incident.

We had a good workday with a great group of co-workers. I don't have a whole lot of energy, and not much voice. I was thankful there was another person in my job role today, else I would have had the whole floor to myself. I kept up with the sudafed at 8:30, thera flu about noon, another sudafed about 1:30. Those meds are keeping my symptoms mostly at bay.

It was obvious that we were going to have to staff down, as the discharges were leaving. I thought I would stay, since I've lost so many hours already this pay period, but come 4 o'clock I was ready to go, and they let me.

Whew. Dan was golfing after work, and when I got home, I took care of my workthings, but ended up laying on the couch before I even changed clothes. I slept about an hour.

I'm still fatigued, and not much voice. Dan is getting more Thera Flu for us on his way home. I hope to have restful intervals tonight, and another 12 1/2 hour day tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to drive back to the lake tomorrow night or not. We'll see.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment