Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday 05.31.2010 Memorial Day

I got up this morning, put in a load of laundry, showered, breakfasted, changed the laundry over, and wrote yesterday's blog entry. When the clothes were dry I folded them, packed the cooler, loaded the car, and was on the road by 10:00. Long Lake, here I come.

No problem with traffic going up, but the southbound traffic was bumper-to-bumper and stop and go in places, all the way up to Alger, where I got off of 75 onto 33. My guess is folks coming back from Mackinaw? A sign of economic recovery, of sorts.

An uneventful drive for me, thank you God, and I arrived at the JC about 1. Frank had arrived about midnight, he said. He was getting ready to go swimming, but was kind enough to unload my car for me.

We visited a bit before going down to the water. He swam and I sat on the dock and put my feet in the water. It's high 70's with a little wind, and the lake is still busy with the last of the Weekenders.

We needed to eat and chose to go to Largent's in Long Lake. Back at the JC, I was tired and went out on the deck, having a lovely snooze on the glider. When I woke about an hour later, Frank was asleep on the sofa.

I watched the weather change, with a storm trying to move in. There was some lightning in the distant clouds, and rumbles of thunder, but we only got rain.

For some reason, the internet wasn't working, but Frank was able to work his magic and get it back. Yay Frank!

He also heated up dinner for us, then cleaned up after. Nice treat.

I'm about ready for bed. I'm feeling somewhat better, and my voice is better, but still a bit tired.

Tomorrow? Sunshine, I hope...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment