Sunday, May 16, 2010

Friday 05.14.2010, Saturday 05.15.2010

The last couple of days I've been busy.

Friday, I cleared the closets, mainly the floors of the closets, to get ready for the carpet to be replaced. And while I had one of them emptied, I wiped off the layer of dust with a wet cloth, then thought, I might as well paint it while it's empty...

So I did. Wow, what a difference. From the dark paneling to Kilz-ed white. The closet looks huge now! I also moved a lot of the smaller stuff, putting things out in the garage, to be brought back in and "re-settled". I ended up taking a little nap on the sofa during the afternoon, remembering that my stamina doesn't seem to keep up with my To Do list. As it was, I got to a quitting point and went to bed. In the morning, I realized I hadn't written...

Saturday, I was going to write in the morning. The sun was so beautiful. "Weekenders" are here, putting in their docks and boats. It's cold on the water, though. 50 degrees on the tree, and it got to about 57.

I broke down all 3 beds in the "Bunk Room", moving all furniture out into the front room of the house. I couldn't get the rails apart on the bunk bed, so both bed frames are still in that room, but I did shopvac the mouse dirt that lined the perimeter of that room, as well as dusted the walls. It smells so much better already. I'm excited for the new carpet.

I took a break after getting that project done. It was after 4, and I needed to eat. So I did. I took a trip to Hale for a few grocery items, and stopped at Steve Baker's to check on the pontoon. I spoke to Shelly, his wife, as Steve wasn't there. On the way back, I stopped at Anne Walton's. She was finishing her dinner, and we made a date for me to come back in an hour or so.

I put away my things and got my computer. I walked over to Anne's. We had a lovely visit as I showed her the winter pictures of the ice.

Back at the JC, I was not doing well with a phone signal. Every time I got near the phone to check messages, I lost signal. Dan had called several times...

And he finally called again. I answered it with a headset, and didn't loose signal. Seems that Steve had called him, saying he needed a gas can and battery for the pontoon. Oh. I'll be able to take him those items on Sunday.

By the time it was dark, I was getting pretty tired. I set the sewing machine up to finish my sewing project, and noticed that there were several campfires around the lake here where I can see. Wow! Then I sat down with the computer to write here, and I fell asleep. (guess I'm missing Daniel....) When I woke, I went to bed.

So, it's Sunday morning, and I've got to go home today. On the list is to break down the twin bed in the other bedroom, finish the sewing project, clean, pack, head south.

It's a beautiful 55 degrees with a light wind. Thank you God for my life.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment