Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday 05.07.2010

After a typical night's sleep, I woke this morning and looked at the sunrise. The sky was clear, though I noticed the color was red-pink. "red sky in morning, sailors take warning..." is what I was recalling. The weather was predicted to be cooler with rain and wind for this afternoon. I went back to sleep.

I woke again to what sounded like a truck somewhere nearby. Dan wasn't in bed, but I didn't hear him, either, so I got up. I'm glad I did, as he was sleeping on the couch. (?) And just as I got near the back door, there was Steve, here to pick up the pontoon, and the other motor to switch out. Yippee!!

Of course Dan woke up, and went outside, too. When he was back in, I looked out front. Eww. Gray, windy, and trying to rain. I looked at the dock. Whoa, what's on the end of the dock? Dan, come look...




Of course this is a zoomed picture, but with all the dock posts out there, the vertical lines were quite the camouflage. So cool. He/it flew off shortly after I snapped the pics, but I saw it again a few times in our bay, flying low, circling around, looking for something to eat. They are awesome birds.

We breakfasted, and Dan wanted to go into Hale. Frank had gotten up, too, and we all three went, going to Bernard's first. I showed Dan the roll of carpet we'll be getting, and he bought a couple of other items he wanted. Next, to the Hardware store. He wanted stain for the decks. We had a sample brochure from last year that we had chosen from, but they are not carrying that brand any more. So, while we were looking at the new product, we noticed a few of the old brand here and there. I asked a person for help, which turned out to be very good. We ended up finding 5 gallon pails, premixed, for $50 each. (compared to $32/gallon of the brand they are now carrying) Whoa. What colors are they? We chose one, which was a bit lighter than we had wanted, and the lady mixed it up. Not so bad. There was another one, but when that was mixed up, it looked like watered down charcoal. Not the one. So we went with the lighter one, thinking we can apply two coats if we want to. For $50, it's about preserving the wood. We'll make it work. Good deal.

Back at the JC, Dan put in a movie. It was cold, 38 degrees on the tree, and windy and rainy. I got up at intervals and got packed and vacuumed and bathroom cleaned. Frank did the kitchen. At one point I looked out and saw what looked like clouds rolling up off of the lake. I tried to capture it with the camera, but it didn't show very well. Just a lot of gray. When the movie was over, there was a little break in the weather, thank you God, and we got loaded up and left, close to 4:00.

The drive home was gray, rainy, windy, occasional lightning. Most of the way, until the last half hour or so, east of Lansing, the rain had eased up, and at home it was drizzling.

We unloaded and I fixed dinner. Frank stayed for a while, leaving about 8:30. Dan and I had a quiet evening.

Tomorrow is a workday for me.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    KS xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete