Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday 03.22.2010

I tried to sleep better, and kind of did, knowing that I wasn't bothering Daniel with my blankets off/blankets on/roll over/roll again/hot/cold routine. I was snoozing when the radio came on to get up for work.

Ok, no problem. I got up, and as I was getting my things together, I decided to call, just in case. And good thing, too, as it was "my turn" and I was on-call this morning, until the laboring patients delivered. Woo Hoo!!

I went back to bed. And this time I slept until almost 9 o'clock. Much better. I got up and got myself ready for the day, knowing the phone was going to ring at any time.

It did. Daniel called to say he had just crossed into Florida. He was excited, and actually arrived at his destination (Ocala) just before 12 noon.

I got called into work about 11:30.

When I got there, the patients had started coming out from labor and delivery, and it was one after another. We were on the edge of falling apart, and about 5 pm, it did. We had enough staff to do what needed to be done, but it was the oddities and glitches that put us over the edge. Night shift came in, got report, and took over.

I stopped at Meijer on the way home because I needed to make something for a bake sale, and needed a couple things. (I was glad I checked the cupboards this morning) Dan called to say he had golfed today, and all was well.

At home, I got the cupcakes made. I'm writing this as they are cooling, and I need to frost and package them yet.

Tomorrow is another workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment