Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday 12.16.2009 Auto Repair

I got up this morning about 8:30--the sun was shining in a clear blue sky. Beautiful. Must be cold out. Yup, 16 degrees. I showered and got ready for the day.

After breakfast I took the G6 over to Team One GM dealer, where we got it. I talked to the nice man, Gerald, who wrote up my work order. Diagnose and repair humming noise from front end, remove front license plate frame, detail car. No problem, he said, we'll get this done this afternoon. Do you need a ride anywhere?? Yes, thank you, I said. I'd be happy to test drive a vehicle for the afternoon... He laughed and directed me to the customer lounge to wait for Bob, who will take me.

Bob was a nice guy, over 62 years old (as he mentioned when he was telling his stories), and we had a very pleasant drive. He asked if it would be ok to pick up a woman first and take her back to the shop. Sure--I was enjoying someone else driving, and did I mention it was a beautiful blue sky day??

I had never been in that area of Charlotte. We went about 5 miles out to a salon in someone's home and picked up the woman, who had obviously just had her hair done. We took her back to the dealership and continued on our way to Holt.

He was very talkative. I heard about his dogs and kids and his days as football and soccer coach and how he had started the programs in Charlotte. He pulled up in front of the building, and I thanked him and we bid each other good day.

The remainder of the afternoon I picked at cleaning, decorating, putting things away. I had lunch, a brief nap, and then the sun was setting. Daniel called to say he was on his way and had I heard about the car, and the other line was ringing and it was the dealership. The car would be ready for us to pick up after 6 pm. Ok, thanks.

Dan went on to get his eye exam. When he got back we went over to pick up the car. Beaaaauutifuullll!!! The glass could have been polished a little better, but it still looks great. Oh, and the noise?? A wheel hub had gone bad. Wheel hubs used to be called wheel bearings. The best part was that it was done as warranty work. WooHoo!!

Dan was kind of antsy this evening. He walked around the house kind of restless before showering and going to bed.

I did some reading and wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment