Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday 12.01.2009

I woke a couple of times but dozed off again.  At 0330 I was awake and called the hospital to see if I was needed.  Yes--they've had 4 babies so far.  I was able to go back to sleep for that last hour.

I got up, then Dan got up a half hour later.  We got ourselves ready and went to our J.O.B.S.  I had an uneventful drive, thank you God, and the shuttle arrived to take us over to the hospital.

We had a good day with good co-workers.  Students, too.  I was able to do most of the things I had needed to do, like check hospital email and such.  It was finally time to go home, but someone needed a breathing treatment and was anxious, so I stayed with her until the respiratory therapist had her medicated. The patient was greatful that I had waited with her.  Next, someone wanted pain medicine, so I took some down to her.  She ended up telling me about her "challenges", and we came up with some ideas as to dealing with them.  She, too, was appreciative.  I had to go, it was now a half hour after quittin' time. 

I clocked out and was pleasantly surprised that the shuttle was out front.  I rode over to the parking lot.

Another uneventful drive, thank you again.  Dan was up, though sleeping, in his chair.  He went to bed within 15 minutes or so of me being home.

I put my things away, changed clothes, and wrote here. 

Tomorrow is an appointment with Dr. Williams, the oncologist.  Not looking forward to it too much, but I've got a couple of things to talk with him about.

I also have several things to do to get ready for the party Sunday night.  Having other things to do certainly gets in the way....

I'm really tired, too, tonight, so I'm off to bed.

Thank you for reading.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment