Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday 12.07.2009

My radio came on this morning.  I reached over, turned it off, and got out of bed without grumbling.  As I stood at the bedside--ow, my feet still hurt.  And--ick, I'm a little nauseated.  I didn't sleep real well in the 4 and 1/2 hours I was in bed.  Maybe I can take "on call" if someone is going to be off....  I called the floor.

Kim answered and was in charge.  Yep, someone's going to be on call, but will probably have to come in sometime during the day.  I told her I'd like to "take" the on call, and with that settled, I took myself to the bathroom then snuggled back into bed.  Dan got up a short while later and got off to work. 

I had heard Breon up and leave for her early shift at Starbucks, then Dan left, and I went back to sleep.  I woke a couple of brief times after that, finally waking just before 9.  I got up.  My feet felt just a little better, my tummy much better.  I took a shower, wondering if Nick was up and what time Frank had left.

I heard noises out in the house, and when I went out into the living room, Frank was sitting there.  He stayed the night after all.  He said Nick had left a while ago.  So it was just Frank and myself. 

I made breakfast for us--'cakes and eggs--and we had a nice morning together.  He left about noon to get done what he needed to before going to his place of employment. 

I cleaned the kitchen again, started the dishwasher, put the hand washed dishes away.  Sorted and repackaged and put away more of the items that I had gotten out for the party.  It's almost all filtered down now. 

After a nice phone call, I called the hospital to see if I was going to be needed.  No, it doesn't look like it right now.  Wow.  That really surprised me. 

I got some things together and went out--stopping at FedEx to return the karaoke stuff, which was real simple, then I went into Meijer for a few groceries.  The last stop before going home was the library, where I returned materials. 

Back home, I realized that I needed to eat.  And since it was 3:30-ish, I called Dan to find out if he was on his way.  I left a message.

So I had a snack, unloaded the dishwasher, put some more things away.  Dan called, saying he was on his way to his "golf lesson" and would be home after and that dinner would be good.  So, he called again after a while saying he was on the way home.  I had started dinner, and it worked out that I was just finishing putting it together when he came in.

We ate and visited, he went in to shower, and it wasn't much longer before he was in bed.  I've caught up on all but a couple of my emails, and wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading.  Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment