Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday 04.30.2009

Geesh. I could have slept another several hours this morning, it seemed. I got up anyway, got ready, and went to work. I do like that it's getting light in the morning. Almost making shadows....

The shuttle scooped me up and took me over to the hospital. We had a good group again today. Our census unexpectedly dropped, and after the dust cleared from the discharges, I was able to attend a CPR recertification class this afternoon instead of having to go to Jackson again Friday. Sweet!

I got back to the floor, stepped in to answering the phones and call lights. Anyway, it was time to go, and I was glad of it.

Drizzle alternated with a downpour then back to drizzle by the time I got home.

Daniel is not a duck, and doesn't enjoy the rainy weather. We chatted a bit, then I wrote here.

One thing I didn't mention is that last night when I got ready for bed, the area above my axillary incision was soo swollen I thought at first I had developed another seroma or something. OhMyGosh!!! What is this??? It's soft, egg sized. I hope it's just a collection of fluid that will go away. I called and left messages at both the therapy place and the doctor's office (to fax a prescription over). Neither one called me back today; I'll be calling them tomorrow.

I was still swollen this morning. I wore the compression vest and added the sleeve and managed to wear them both all day. I couldn't wait to get home and get them off. Did it help?? I don't know. Still with lots of fluid under my arm, and a co-worker asked if I was feeling ok, that my neck looked swollen. Great. Fluid in my neck, too.

What I can say, is, I hope Ike can see me next week, and, I'm thankful to be alive and cancer free. Please, Lord, let me stay that way.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment