Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thursday 04.23.2009

I slept pretty good, considering that I was in a different location, a different bed. I woke about 6:30, around dawn. The birds were welcoming the morning. I laid there and Praised the Lord and went back to sleep. To my surprise, I woke about 8:30 to a full sun morning.

I was hungry when I got up, so I had breakfast. Sue was still sleeping. I was finishing when she got up. While I was in the shower, she had her breakfast. When she was in the shower, I painted. I tried out the Kilz in a small area to see how it was going to cover. I found that it was interesting to use my shoulders, and that the product we chose was going to work. Sue joined me just as I was finishing up.

We decided to go to Hale, going to a few different locations looking for various items on my list. We were successful with most everything.

Back at the cabin, it was warming up nicely, the wind has quieted, and the lake a beautiful blue. Sue and I just breathed.

Ok, let’s get something done.

She decided she would rake and burn. Throughout the afternoon, we had raked most of the side and front, and burned all the twigs and most of the drier leaves. I moved a lot of the wet leaves, leaving them in smaller piles to dry out. With the breeze trying to settle down, we hope to be able to burn a lot of them tomorrow.

Time to eat. We washed up and went in to Big Bob’s in Hale. Sue and I shared a plate of yummy nachos. We weren’t able to eat it all. Thanks, Big Bob.

Back at the cabin, we sat in the evening sun in a sheltered area, looking at the lake, watching birds. On the water was a flock of…ducks?...no, LOONS!!!! I saw 15, Sue counted 17 with the binoculars. They were a group of a few adults and the rest, maybe a few weeks old. They were starting to get a deeper brown, and their neck ring was present. What a site!

Of course, it was getting cooler as the sun got lower. We picked up and went in.

We were just looking at each other wondering what to do next, when there was a knock on the door. Tom and Kathy Sue!!!

Wow! What a nice surprise! We visited a couple of hours and they left about 9. Sue and I stayed up until about midnight. She drifted off and I wrote here.

We’ve got a couple things we want to do tomorrow—we’ll see what we end up doing.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment: