Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday 03.16.2009

What a beautiful day!

I slept fairly well, all events considered. I woke a little before 8, turned on the radio, listened/dozed for a while before getting up. The sun was promising.

I breakfasted, checked email, researched the 'net for changes in breast tissue after radiation treatment. I found several clinical/research papers, which I added to a favorites file to read later, but in looking through them quickly, it seems that tissue changes can occur within weeks of starting radiation therapy. However, a few of the studies had time frames of 11 months to 6 years, and a couple of them many years further out. I need to review the articles again, although my impression is that what I'm experiencing is "normal" discomfort as the tissues change in response to the radiation. Yippee. I'll do my best to deal with the constant discomfort and Praise God that I'm alive and cancer free.

I had been a couple hours looking at the literature, it was time to get moving. I stretched and went out for a walk/jog out in the neighborhood to the north of us. I haven't been back there since we had this last group of snowfalls.

It was lovely. Spring flowers are up, the birds singing, and I saw several robins picking worms out of the ground. I jogged mostly, but walked some, too, as it had been a while. I felt good and had to remember to slow down, to pace myself.

I came in and waited until I cooled down (read as stopped dripping) before getting in the shower.
Between hot flashes and good old physical activity I had really perspired. Eww.

After the shower, which felt really good, I fixed a plate of nachos for myself. That was really good, too.

I was restless. I went out to Wal Mart to return a top I had gotten, browsed around there a bit, then went over to Meijer. (Even though I didn't need much, there were a few things on sale this week, and today was additional per cent off with the credit card purchase) I ended up getting back home just before 9. Daniel called shortly after.

He said it rained all day there, supposed to stop during the night sometime. They went out anyway and golfed the first nine, taking a rain check for the other 9 holes for later in the week. He sounded good, and it sounds like they're having a good time.

No plans for me tomorrow. Guess I'll look at my "project list".

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment