Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday 12.17.2008

I slept good the first few hours, but the second half of the night went slow. I finally dozed off again about 5 o'clock. I got up about 8:30.

One thing I thought about in the dark was how my work day went yesterday. I had a challenging "brain day" -- I was having a hard time focusing on thought processes, difficulty staying on task, and even charted incorrectly (we have computer documentation) two different times! I did find what I did and corrected it, but it's very disconcerting to me that I have brain struggles.

I got ready for the day, had a light breakfast and visited with Daniel, then headed for my lunch date with my friend Leslie.

We had a good visit; I enjoyed seeing her. We also saw another girl who was a former co-worker of ours and we had a small chit-chat when she stopped by our table for a few minutes. Leslie and I caught up on lots; we hope to be able to coordinate another get-together at some point.

I did a couple of errands while in Jackson, then headed back home. Daniel was sleeping; I went up to the loft and used the computer there. He got up after I had been home maybe an hour or so. When he got up, he said he had just laid down to wait for me, not intending to nap. Sure.

The evening went on. I'm trying to ignore that my throat is feeling a little swollen and sore. Mainly the uvula, what I call the "punching bag" in the back of my mouth, feels swollen and sore. I hope it goes away this evening, as tomorrow I have another lunch date with 2 of my long-term women friends.

As far as the brain strain today, I did have a few times when I was unable to find the specific word that I wanted to use. Sometimes it throws off my whole train of thought, and sometimes I'm able to use a description or definition of the word I'm trying to find and the person/people I'm talking with are able to fill in the blank for me. I sure hope some if not all of this resolves.

The snow is beautiful. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment