Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday 12.16.2008

Even though I didn't go to sleep right away last night (and I thought I was so tired), I didn't feel too bad when the alarm went off at 0420, other than feeling like I needed to go back to sleep.

I got up and went on down to Jackson. The wind was buffeting my car still, as it was last night on the way home, but I got there safely, thank you God. I was a few minutes early, so I waited in the car and listened to a library book. When it was "time", I bundled up--put on my hat and scarf, pulled on the gloves, and started to get out of the car to walk the 2 blocks over to the hospital. Hey!! There's the shuttle!! Cool.

We had a very busy day today, the main challenge being too many patients and not enough staff. And who wants to work extra so close to Christmas?? Yet we managed to give very good care, keep the majority of our sanity, and clock out after 12 1/2 + hours.

It had started snowing in the afternoon, and by 7 pm the roads were snow-covered. It was beautiful. The night shift that came in said the roads were awful. Ok. I know how to go slow. And it's not like it's 3 feet deep, like other places in the United States. I started my car from the window (such small pleasures) and headed out after changing into my boots.

The shuttle was there and took me over to my vehicle. The driver said he saw the car on and knew I'd be would be out soon; he was watching for me. That's nice.

Yep, the car is running, and it's not toasty, but the chill is off of it. And it's 16 degrees. I brushed about 3 inches of beautiful fluffy snow off the car, and since I was hot flashing, I turned to the vehicle next to me and brushed it off, too. Merry Christmas to whoever that was.

The drive home wasn't bad. 40-50 mph. I've definitely driven in worse.

Daniel was happy to see me. We caught up on our day, I wrote here, and it's after 10. I'm going to bed soon.

Tomorrow I have a lunch date with a friend and former co-worker, and not much else planned.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis!

    "Small Pleasures" ... they're the best aren't they!!

    You are always in our thoughts.

    Jim and Polly

    ReplyDelete