Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saturday 12.06.2008

I got up this morning, showered, breakfasted, checked email, and spent the morning with Daniel before leaving for Mt. Pleasant. There were snow advisories posted, but it was just cold (in the teens) and somewhat windy here. I left about 11:30 ish after packing an overnight bag just in case.

The roads weren't bad--mostly wet--and traffic moved along between 50 and 60 mph until I got to Ithica, where the road was a little slippery. We slowed to about 45-50, and by Mt. Pleasant the roads were mostly dry.

Diane welcomed me in. We caught up with a little visiting first before going out to the shed, where she handed me down box after box of her Christmas decorations. Then we took them inside. We set up her tree and got whatever other decorations out and set up while listening to seasonal tunes. I also helped her with some (very) minor household maintenance-type things. We took the mostly empty boxes out to the shed, then she fixed us some tasty food. We laughed and ate, and Diane took me downtown Mt. Pleasant to see the Christmas House, a house with an elaborately lit seasonal display. The homeowners had put a lot into it, and it was very nicely done. We wound around a neighborhood and enjoyed their lights, too, then went back to her place where we looked at pictures a while before it was time for me to leave. Her house is looking quite festive!


A good drive home--the roads were better, mostly dry--and I got home about 11:20. I checked email and wrote here.

I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow. I'm ready for bed now, it's 12:45.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment