Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday 12.8.2008

I think I slept ok; at least, I felt like I had been in bed for a long time. When the alarm came on this morning I was settling in to sleep really good. You know how that is...

An uneventful drive, thank you God, and the workday looked like it was going to be a fair day. Great co-workers and enough of us. And the day did go ok, mostly. After lunch, the fan turned on. We pulled together and did what needed to be done, and by the time 5:30 pm rolled around, it seemed like we had been there two days instead of finishing one. The night shift finally came in, we finished up, and I clocked out and left.

There was a soft layer of bumpy ice on the car. (The shuttle was out in front of the hospital when I got to the door, so I didn't have to walk) I started the car--the remote starter needs another adjustment--and scraped the windows. After just a few minutes of the defroster blowing on the windhshield, the ice came of easily with the squeegy end of the scraper. Cool.

On the way home, the roads were mostly ok, though there was some "glazing" in places. I was more comfortable going about 50-55 mph; other drivers were going faster. That's ok, I got home safely. Thank you, God, again.

Daniel welcomed me home, we caught up on each other's day, and I wrote here. He's drifted off to bed and I'm on my way, too.

I felt like I "wilted" today about 4:30--just got tired. And I took good food and snacks with me, had been drinking water, was able to eat, paced myself throughout the day, but still felt like I was done. A nap would have helped.

If that layer of ice happens as predicted, I may not be able to go to work until the road conditions improve. Or it may not even ice at all....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Alena--Thank you for commenting!! I appreciate that you are reading, and hope to hear from you again. Where are you from and how did you find me?

    ReplyDelete