Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tuesday 11.4.2008 Election Day

Hope you voted...

Dan and I did absentee ballots, as I was scheduled to work, and working from 0630-1900 40 minutes out of town does not make it convenient for one to get to the polls. Daniel just thought it was convenient...

Yes, I worked Tuesday. And I got so tired in the late afternoon, all I kept thinking is that I'm ok, I can make it these last couple of hours, I'll be able to drive home, just do the next thing on your list...

And so I did. And I was even getting that "not really dizzy" feeling, like when I would look in a direction my brain took a moment to catch up. So I just took life moment by moment, task by task, step by step, mile by mile, and got through the day and got home.

When I did get home, Dan was eager to talk about how the election was going. Hm. I had taken my work clothes off, put my pajamas on, sat on the sofa to listen to him and start writing here, but there was no way that was going to happen.

"I know this sounds really weird," I said, "but I'm going to go to bed." He looked at me like I had two heads. It was somewhere around 8:30 pm. Definitely atypical for me. "Ok," he said, and I think I saw concern in his face. Boy, was I tired.

So I did. I don't know how long it took for me to fall asleep, but I do remember waking about 10, then 12, then 0400. (biology--hot flashes--and I've learned to get out of bed for a bathroom trip to cool off) The next time was about 0730. Wow. I'm almost done sleeping. I dozed again, and woke shortly after 8. Dan got up, then I did.

I feel much better this morning. I'm surprised at how tired I was. I'm thankful I have the opportunity to rest and take care of myself.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment