Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday 11.25.2008

The radio was on about 10 minutes before I heard it this morning. I got up, got ready for the day, and headed out. It was snowy and slushy on the highway, speeds 50-60 mph. I don't hurry; I'd rather get there safely.

And I did, thank you God.

I parked, the shuttle was there (!) and I clocked in. During report, I started sneezing and my nose started running. Like dripping clear water, uncontrollably. I took a sudafed at 7 o'clock hoping that would stop the drips. It did but it didn't, and by 9:30 I was thinking I needed to leave. I called a couple of my co-workers, and one of them could come in after she got her children from their 1/2 day of school and to the sitter. (Thank you, Kim) I had taken a second dose of stuff at 10:45 with not much decrease in action. She got there around 1:00 and I got out of dodge. It amazes me how much fluid can leak out of a nose. Really--I would have my head at just a slight downward angle and the stuff ran out of my nose and landed on my clothes like I didn't know how to drink out of a glass!! Sheesh!!

I had called Daniel to let him know I'd be coming home early. When I arrived, he had gone to CVS and gotten me some Thera-Flu stuff. AWWW. I tell you, he's good to me. I didn't even ask him to do that. Thank you, Daniel.

I hadn't had lunch, so I ate, then it was time for another dose of stuff, so I fixed that and drank it. Not the most pleasant stuff, but it's medicine...

It did help a little, and I also took another sudafed with it. (I checked the ingredients on the Thera-Flu first) We both had a brief siesta in our respective chairs.

I've caught up on most of the emails, and my nose is starting to drip again. It's 7:00, so I'll be able to take another dose pretty soon.

My comment to God was: It's the anniversary of the beginning of the treatments for my cancer, and You've kept me well while I was immuno compromised. Thank you for that. And now I have a cold or some other virus that jumped up and landed in my nose. I hope it's brief. Amen.

I don't feel too bad, so far. I hope to rest these next 36 hours or so and be over it by Thursday to join Daniel's family in Flushing.

Thank you for reading, and remember to wash your hands frequently. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment